Medical travel insurance for over 65s
Finding the best holiday insurance for over 65s with pre existing medical conditions
At AllClear, we help make it easier for you to get travel cover.
If you’ve retired or are hoping to retire soon, you may find yourself with more time to do the things you enjoy doing. Whether that’s spending time with your grandchildren, gardening, playing golf or travelling, retirement is the perfect time to do all of these things.
Our over 65s travel insurance means that regardless of your age, or regardless of your medical conditions you can find the travel cover you need to travel to the places you love the most:
- We have no upper age limit on our AllClear policies.
- We strive to help anyone obtain a quote for over 65s travel insurance based on the questions you answer during our medical screening process.
- This allows us to offer you an over 65s travel insurance policy tailored to your needs at a fair premium.
- Save time by comparing quotes all in one place.
- Expertise in travel insurance for pre-existing medical conditions.
- You can obtain your quote online so no need to call unless you want to.
- We include quotes from a wide variety of insurance providers.
- There’s no upper age limit on our AllClear policies.
- All medical conditions covered.
What we cover!
- Medical emergency expenses.
- Cancellation/cutting short your trip.
- Personal property.
- Missed departure/travel delay.
- Winter sports.
- Golf cover.
The key benefits you can get
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £5,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- Any age. Any medical condition. Any destination.
Vital information on travel insurance for over 65s
How is your premium determined?
Your destination, trip duration, age and any pre-existing medical conditions you may have are the main factors used to calculate the cost of your premium. For our AllClear policies, we are continually reviewing and analysing all of our claims data to ensure that the premiums we offer are fair and accurate. You can find the best & cheapest travel insurance for over 65s by comparing quotes with AllClear.
What if you have an undiagnosed condition?
We need to know the name of your medical condition, so if you have an undiagnosed condition, you will need to wait until your GP or consultant has provided you with a diagnosis. We would suggest you refer to your GP or healthcare provider who may be able to help if this is the case. Once you have a diagnosis, we’ll be able to provide you with a quote.
What is single trip travel insurance for over 65s?
If you know you’ll only be travelling once within the year then a single trip policy may well work out to be lower cost. Cover can be arranged for the exact number of days you’ll be travelling and you can choose to add or remove cancellation cover and baggage cover.
You can purchase your policy up to 12 months before you’re due to travel with your cancellation cover starting from the day you purchase. This means it makes sense to purchase your travel insurance as soon as you’ve booked your holiday.
What is annual multi-trip travel insurance for over 65s?
Although you may expect your travel insurance for over 65s to be more expensive than a standard travel insurance policy, there are certain things to consider which may reduce your premium without compromising on cover.
For example, if you travel two or more times a year, you could choose annual multi-trip travel insurance for over 65s as this may work out cheaper for you. This means you can travel as many times within your chosen region throughout 12 months. Do check any limitations before purchasing your policy though.
An annual multi-trip for over 65s policy will cover you for multiple trips which both start and end in the UK. The maximum trip length varies between providers but will either be 31 days or 45 days. Some insurance providers offer extended trip lengths of up to 60 days subject to an additional premium.
Annual multi-trip policies can be purchased up to 31 days in advance. However, any claims made before your chosen start date will not be covered.