What Is Holiday Cancellation Insurance?
However unlikely they may seem, a number of unforeseen events, such as illness or injury – or even being called up for jury service – might mean you have to cancel your next holiday.
Not only does this mean you’ll lose out on a well-deserved break but the money you’ve paid for it – if you haven’t got the right travel insurance in place…
So, while this happening might still seem unexpected, cancellation insurance is a key part of any travel insurance policy – not least for peace of mind.
This guide will further explain the importance of cancellation cover, detail when you can claim, and how to find the right policy for you.
Cancellation Features of an AllClear Branded Policy
- £5,000 cancellation cover on Gold Plus policies
- £2,000 cover with our Gold policy
- An option to increase cancellation cover up to to £15,000 online (in increments of £1,000) on Cruise policies for an additional premium
- The ability to exclude cancellation cover if you wish
All figures are per person, per trip.
We’re also proud to tell you that the above cover applies to: All conditions. All ages. All destinations.
We believe everyone deserves the right to travel.
What Events Does Holiday Cancellation Cover?
Your policy will include a list of reasons that could lead to you cancelling your holiday, and when you can make a claim.
Most insurers will provide cover in the following circumstances:
- You, or a family member becoming ill or seriously injured or you suffer a bereavement
- Being called up for jury service
- A flood or fire at your home and it becoming unhabitable
- Your passport, or the passport of any person you are travelling with being stolen close to your departure date
- You, an immediate relative, or any person you are travelling with, being ordered to return to duty with the armed forces, emergency services or administrative government
Quote Online in 3 Easy Steps
FAQ’s About Cover
When does cancellation cover start?
For a single trip policy, cover for holiday cancellation starts as soon as the premium has been paid. So, if you’ve booked your holiday and want to be sure that you’re covered for cancellation it’s important to take out comprehensive cover as soon as possible.
If you have an annual multi-trip policy, cancellation cover starts at either the time you book your trip or the start date shown on your documents, whichever is later.
Do you need specialist cancellation cover for a cruise?
You can get specialist cruise cover, which includes cruise-specific benefts, however, a standard policy will still cover you for a cruise – including for cancellation.
As cruises are often more expensive holidays, you may want to have cancellation cover in place way in advance of your departure. For example, on a single trip policy from AllClear, you can have cancellation cover in place up to 1 year before you go.
Why More Than 2.8 Million People Trust AllClear
No hesitation in insuring with AllClear
“Had to cancel last year due to my son being taken into hospital. Claimed for cancellation and expected a battle to get a refund. Waited for a couple of weeks and then found that the full refund had been paid into our bank account within days of our claim. Therefore I had no hesitation in insuring for this years cruise with AllClear.”
Mrs Flack – Trustpilot
What our customers say
We hope you found this guide to cancellation insurance helpful!
If you’d like a comprehensive cover, click the quote now button below
to compare up to 61 prices.