What does an asthma travel insurance policy cover you for?
Whether your asthma is mild or severe, you are still susceptible to an asthma attack. If anything were to trigger an asthma attack whilst on holiday, or if you lost your inhaler or it got stolen, you want to make sure you will have access to a 24-hour emergency medical assistance line from abroad or to claim for any unplanned medical treatment and replacement medication.
Providing you have fully declared your asthma, and any other condition you live with, a comprehensive policy should cover you:
- For mild or severe asthma.
- To use a 24 hour emergency medical assistance line from abroad if something triggers an asthma attack while on holiday or if you lose your inhaler, or encounter any other medical problems.
- To claim for any unplanned medical treatment and replacement medication*.
*Providers will vary, so do check the cover limits of the policy you intend to purchase.
- We understand that the severity of asthma varies – your asthma might be mild, or it might be severe with a history of hospital admissions.
- That’s why the medical screening questions are designed to get the relevant information needed.
- This enables us to offer a range of fairly priced quotes for a policy that meets your specific cover needs.
Key benefits of cover
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £5,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- Any age. Any medical condition. Any destination.
Get quotes in just 3 easy steps
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Our customers are confident in the service we provide which is reflected in our 5 star Trustpilot rating.
What our customers say
How to declare your asthma
It’s essential to declare your asthma when completing your quote so that you are covered for any asthma related complications you could potentially have while you’re away.
As part of our medical screening process, you’ll be asked to provide information about your previous and current state of health. There are a few easy to answer questions about your personal details and then you move onto the pre-existing medical conditions section where you answer questions on recurring illnesses, on-going or lifelong conditions, previous surgeries and any conditions you’re currently suffering living with.
This information will then be used to determine your premium (the amount of money you pay for your insurance). Our bespoke system then generates a list of suitable quotes from our providers in price order for your review.
What happens if I need to change something regarding my medical situation after I’ve purchased my policy?
If you develop a new medical condition or an existing one deteriorates, don’t panic, you are still able to amend your policy. However, please notify us at the earliest opportunity and in particular before you book or commence your trip.
For changes to your original medical declaration, just call our Customer Care Team and they will make any adjustments. Please note that in some cases an additional premium may be applied to your policy to make these changes. Please check your policy wording as providers may vary.